BEACHBODY UK LTD. PRIVACY NOTICE
For residents outside the U.S. and Canada
Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Beachbody UK Ltd., together with our parent company, affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively, “Beachbody”, “us”, “we” or “our”) know that you care about how your information is collected, used, protected and shared, and we appreciate the trust you place in us that we will do so carefully and sensibly. We provide you with this Privacy Notice because we want you to know how we may collect, use, protect and share information about you, and the choices and privacy rights that are available to you.
To review our Cookie Notice, please scroll down to the bottom of this Privacy Notice or click here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time if you have any questions regarding the contents in this Privacy Notice by visiting the “Contacting Beachbody” section below.
Table of Contents for Privacy Notice
Table of Contents for Cookie Notice
Where Can I Get Further Information?
When Does this Privacy Notice Apply?
This Privacy Notice applies whenever we collect personal information (including any "sensitive" or "special categories" of personal information, such as health information) from or about you in connection with any and all of the goods and services that we provide, including our:
- Websites, such as Beachbody.com, TeamBeachbody.com and BeachbodyOnDemand.com;
- Mobile applications, such as the Beachbody On Demand app, My Challenge Tracker app and Nutrition app;
- Videos and other content delivered to you via DVDs or our streaming services;
- Other products, equipment, surveys, promotions, software, technology, etc.; or
- Telesales and/or Customer Service Departments.
(collectively, “Beachbody Services”).
What Information Does Beachbody Collect From You?
The information we receive from you allows us to provide Beachbody Services to you, as well as to personalize your experience and continually improve our business. Here are the general types of personal information we gather:
Information You Give to Us: We receive, store and process personal information that you provide to us through the Beachbody Services – for example, when you sign up for and use Beachbody On Demand, consult with our Customer Service department, enter information on our websites, purchase goods and services from us, participate in contests or other promotions, take surveys, and send us an email or communicate with us in any way.
Where we ask you to provide your personal information, it should be apparent whether it is required or not. Note that, in some cases, you may choose to not provide us with your personal information however, this may limit our ability to provide you with the Beachbody Services. Learn more by reviewing the table below.
|Examples of when you provide your personal information to Beachbody:||Personal Information Types (Examples)|
|When you enquire about, purchase, activate or use the Beachbody Services (on any device); or
When you communicate with us or other users via our website, message boards, social media accounts, phone, e-mail, texts, surveys, or participate in promotions, surveys or in any other way
|For these purposes, we will collect information such as:
- your name;
- shipping, billing, and/or business addresses;
- location information (if you provide or consent to give us this information)
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password information;
- credit or other payment card information;
- date of birth; and
- survey response data
|To track your workout activity when you use the Beachbody Services or when you participate in a test group or activity with Beachbody:||For these purposes, we will collect information you provide such as the following, to help you achieve your health and wellness goals:
- physical information (e.g., weight, waist, hip and bicep measurements, etc.);
- food and nutritional information (e.g., types of food and beverages consumed, and any related caloric, fat, fiber, cholesterol and other information);
- metabolic information (e.g., caloric and fat burn through exercise, and other related information);
- fitness and activity information (e.g., the types and number of workouts you may be using, workout and activity tracking, hours exercised, etc.); and
- general feedback (e.g., content you post on message boards, or information you submit about our products, goods or services).
Apple HealthKit Data: To help track your workout activity (such as displaying your heart rate and estimating your calorie burn) when using certain Beachbody Services, Beachbody may send and receive data to and from Apple’s Healthkit Application if you have enabled this feature. Beachbody will not use or share health data collected through Apple HealthKit for marketing purposes. We will use this data to enhance your overall experience using Beachbody Services, such as to display your heart rate and estimate your calorie burn while performing exercises with Beachbody programs.
Note: Some of this information is viewed by some countries as "sensitive" or "special categories of data". If applicable, we will not collect and use such personal information about you (including, for example, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health or condition, or sexual life) without your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
|When you sign up as a Team Beachbody Coach||For these purposes, we will collect information such as:
- your name;
- shipping, billing, and/or business addresses;
- location information (if you provide or consent to give us this information)
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password information;
- credit or other payment card information;
- date of birth;
- social security/social insurance or other similar identification number for tax purposes;
- bank account information in order to remit any commission payments you may have earned.
|When you apply to join our Affiliate Programme||For this purposes, we will collect information about your affiliate business, such as:
- your (or your organization's) name;
- e-mail address;
- street address;
- telephone number;
- tax identification number; and
- information about your website and users (e.g., the URL, the number of unique users and page views, the demographics of your user base, etc.)
Information We Automatically Receive: When you use or interact with certain Beachbody Services, we may automatically receive and store certain technical information about your device and usage of the Beachbody Services. Like many other websites and online services, we use “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies to collect some of this information to help enhance your experience on the Beachbody Services. For more information about our use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies, please see our Cookie Notice by clicking here. Learn more about the information we automatically receive by reviewing the table below:
|Examples of when your information is automatically received by Beachbody:||Personal Information Types (Examples)|
|When you visit our websites, download, install or use our applications through mobile or other devices or otherwise interact with Beachbody Services (on any device);||For these purposes, we will collect information about you or your device such as:
- Internet protocol (IP) address (the number used to identify your computer or modem to the Internet, which can potentially identify your location and Internet Service Provider);
- Browser type;
- Device type;
- Time zone setting;
- Operating system;
- Information about your activities on our websites, including the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) from which you came to our websites and the URLs that you visited on our websites;
- Cookie number;
- Products you viewed or searched for;
- The phone number you used to call us; and
- Pixel tag data as described below.
- page response times;
- download errors, length of visits to certain pages;
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- methods used to browse away from the page;
- other technical information; and
- the information listed in the column directly above.
|When you have consented to allowing our applications to access information on your device||When you first launch any of our applications that collect location information or access your camera, microphone, or other device services or hardware, you will be asked to consent before the application does so. If you initially consent, you can subsequently stop the collection or access at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features within the application, may no longer function. Please review your device settings for more information.|
Information We Obtain From Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, including from third party vendors, services and commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases) so that we can provide the best personalized services to you.
We may also collect information that you publicly post on our social media pages, such as our Facebook®, Instagram®, and Twitter® pages. In addition, we may combine information you give us with other information from Beachbody sources, communications and transactions. Where permitted by law, we combine this information received from other sources, including from social media websites, with information you give us and information that we collect automatically about you. Learn more by reviewing the table below.
|Examples of when your information is obtained from third parties by Beachbody:||Personal Information Types (Examples)|
|When you talk about us publically, including on social media, and we want to understand you better||- Your name;
- Social media handle;
- Information included within your statements about us;
- Demographic and profile data;
- Social media posts, including your likes;
- Comments, suggestions, opinions, and complaints; and
- Information about products or services purchased from other companies
|When your payment card details, address or other information is updated which we use to keep your records current and service you better||- Updated credit card number and expiration dates
- Your delivery details
|When we need to validate access to your account||- Account information|
|When your Team Beachbody Coach shares personal information with us||- Account information;
- Information relating to contest entries; and
- Coach activity
How Does Beachbody Use the Information It Collects?
Beachbody uses your personal information where we have a legitimate business reason to do so, where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, required by law, or with your consent.
In addition to what is listed in the tables above, such reasons include:
- Processing your orders for and delivering the Beachbody Services. We need your personal information so that we can process and fulfill your orders for any Beachbody Services. In processing your order, we may need you to verify your identity and/or location to allow access to your accounts (such as your Team Beachbody or Beachbody On Demand account);
- Communicating with you about your orders, any inquiries you may have submitted to us or other customer service issues;
- Telling you about our products, goods or services, including where you started a transaction with us and provided your information, but did not finalize your order;
- Servicing and managing your accounts, or contacting you about your accounts;
- Troubleshooting, addressing a problem or issue affecting your use of any Beachbody Services, or to inquire about or verify information concerning a transaction;
- Process any event or other similar registrations for our events if you signed up;
- Assisting you with your health and wellness goals, such as providing you with advice and feedback on your goals, and connecting you with individuals who share your interests (provided we inform you or you give us your consent to make the connection);
- Enhancing and personalizing your Beachbody experience on any Beachbody Services, and controlling the frequency of advertisements to your device;
- Targeting advertising or promotions that may be of interest to you, such as e-mails, direct mail, banner ads, splash ads (ads that appear as you sign in or out of your online accounts) or promotions based on your demographic profile, interests, or location;
- Feature you in advertisements or promotions, but only if you have signed documentation giving us permission to do so;
- Improving any Beachbody Services, such as the look and feel of our apps or websites, and related advertising or materials;
- Sending you offers about Beachbody's or any of our business partners' products or services that we think you may find useful (via email and other electronic means and, where necessary, with your consent), in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Administering contests, promotions, events, market research, surveys or other features;
- Improve, personalize, and optimize your experience with Beachbody Services by examining which parts of our website you visit or which aspect of our mobile applications you find most useful, to improve existing or develop new Beachbody Services;
- Operating and maintaining our Beachbody Services, including for data analysis, such as user behavior and trends, and diagnose problems with our server and administer our websites;
- Assisting us in taking data security precautions and to engage in fraud prevention, detection, and remediation;
- Undertaking statistical analysis and research, and for demographic profiling purposes;
- Complying with applicable international, federal, state, provincial and local laws, directives, rules, regulations, and ordinances; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements, such as court orders; and
- Carrying out other purposes which are disclosed to you and, where necessary, following your consent.
Who Does Beachbody Share your Information with?
We value the trust our customers place in us to safeguard their personal information. We share personal information we collect as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We utilize third party companies and individuals to perform business functions on our behalf to better serve you. For example, we use third parties to help us make our products and services available to you, fulfill orders you may have placed, process credit card payments, provide customer service, payment optimization, seek collections on past due amounts, ship postal mail, deliver your packages, conduct market research or information analysis, manage promotions, and contact you in connection with various Beachbody Services. In these instances, we may need to provide your information to these third parties for such purposes. The categories of such third parties include: order and fulfillment providers; customer service and telesales providers; technology providers; banking, finance and payment processing providers; government agencies or regulators; event management providers (if you signed up for a Beachbody event or similar activity); and marketing providers.
- Assignment to a Team Beachbody Coach and/or Master Trainer: If the Team Beachbody Coaching opportunity is available in your jurisdiction, we will assign an independent Team Beachbody Coach (a “Coach”) to all customers who purchase a product from us or who consent to being contacted by a Coach. Your assigned Coach is available to assist you in understanding and using the products you ordered, and give you the motivation you need to help you achieve your fitness goals. To help you both get in contact, your assigned Coach will receive access to certain information you provided during your purchase process, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and the names of the products you purchased. Your Coach may contact you to offer support, and provide general information and marketing materials. Please note that Beachbody will never provide your assigned Coach your credit or debit card information or, if you provided it, your Social Security number/Social Insurance number. If you joined Beachbody LIVE!, we may provide certain basic information to the Master Trainer assigned to train you during your training, such as your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- Related Companies; Third Party Offers: Beachbody occasionally partners with third parties to learn more about our customers so we can service you better or offer products or services that we feel may be useful to you ("Related Company"). In such case, we may disclose to a Related Company certain information, such as your name, e-mail, billing or shipping address, products purchased and price. If you request information from a Related Company, we may disclose additional information such as your e-mail address, phone number and other contact information, so the Related Company can provide you with the information you requested. If you purchased a product or service from a Related Company, we will also disclose your credit card information so they can complete your purchase. In other cases, we may disclose aggregated, de-identified information (which does not identify you) to Related Companies: (i) so the Related Companies can provide you with advertisements tailored to your interests; (ii) for statistical analysis, research, and demographic profiling purposes; and (iii) to support our business and improve our mission to help our customers achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Protection of Beachbody and Others: We may share your information, including personal information, in order to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of Beachbody, or the legal rights of our customers, Coaches, business partners, employees, agents, and contractors; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers, Coaches or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) detect and protect against fraud, and identity theft or to conduct risk management; (iv) comply with laws, legal process, or legal requests from any governmental or regulatory body; or (v) to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and/or other agreements.
- To a buyer or potential buyer of all or part of Beachbody: As we continue to develop and grow our business, we might sell one or more of our assets, subsidiaries or business units, or buy a subsidiary or business unit from a third party. In such transactions, customer information is typically one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). If this should happen, we will provide you with notice of any such transfer by posting to our website or other form of communication.
- De-identified Data Disclosures: We may also disclose non-identifying transaction information (which does not identify you) to third parties for the purpose of accounting and record keeping. We may also disclose aggregated, de-identified information or non-personal information (which does not identify you) with business partners, advertisers, and others.
- Other Disclosures: Occasionally, we may disclose personal information in other circumstances, but we will only do this if we have explained at the time we collect the information the purpose for which it will be disclosed.
What About Cookies, Pixel Tags and Third Party Tracking Tools?
What About Third-Party Resellers’ and Advertisers’ Services?
At various places and pages on our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to access or utilize services offered by or in conjunction with third parties. This includes services in connection with third-party "social media" and other sites that would allow personal information to be transferred to such third parties (for example, Facebook Connect). In addition, certain purchases that you make on our websites or applications may be completed by or through our authorized reseller (“Reseller”). You will be required to provide your personal information to the Reseller who will charge your payment card or other payment method for any Beachbody products or services you wish to purchase. When this happens, we will notify you of the name of the Reseller and present or direct you to their terms and conditions and privacy notice for your review.
These third parties (including Resellers, Coaches and others to whom you provide your personal information) have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, so please review their privacy policies to understand your rights. For this reason, Beachbody cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy practices.
How Secure is the Information Beachbody Has About Me?
Beachbody has implemented and uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent the loss and unauthorized access of your information. Despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or our online services.
If you suspect an e-mail, website or mobile application is pretending to be that of Beachbody’s (also known as “spoofing”), do not enter any personal information, but please let us know by e-mailing CyberSecurity@Beachbody.com.
What About Information Pertaining to Children?
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information on a child under the age of 16, that information will be deleted from our systems. Beachbody encourages parents to go online with their children to help keep them safe.
Transfers of Personal Information
Like most websites and businesses, Beachbody’s websites may be accessed by an international audience. By using any Beachbody Services and/or providing us with any data, you acknowledge we may collect, process, use, and store your personal information as discussed herein, including outside your resident jurisdiction (such as the U.S. and Canada). Our related companies and third party service providers may also be located outside of your jurisdiction. Please note that U.S. law and those of other countries where your information may be stored and processed may offer different levels of protection for your information than your home country. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where applicable, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our affiliate and subsidiary companies, which require all such companies to protect personal information they process from the European Economic Area in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided by making a request at Privacy@Beachbody.com. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with certain third party service providers and partners. Further details can be provided upon request.
How Can I Update My Information?
We want to be sure your personal information is kept accurate and complete, and for this reason we ask that you inform us or our Reseller in the event of any changes to your information.
- If you provided your information directly to Beachbody, you may access and update certain personal information by calling our Customer Service at +44 (0)121 620 8111 or logging into your Team Beachbody account if you created one. When calling Customer Service, please have your e-mail address and order information available. You may also make a request to update your information at any time by visiting https://faq.beachbody.com/app/gdpr_form.
- If you purchased any Beachbody Services through a Reseller and provided your information directly to the Reseller, please contact the Reseller to update and manage your personal information.
- If you want to update information in connection with your Beachbody On Demand membership, please visit the “My Account” section within your Beachbody On Demand account for more information.
If you are unable to update your information via one of the methods above, please see “How Can you Exercise your Other Privacy Rights” below.
What are your Other Privacy Choices?
Marketing: We always offer you various ways to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us, Related Companies or other third parties. If you would like to opt-out of receiving e-mail marketing communications, you may visit our Preference Center which you can access through links at the bottom of e-mails you receive from us or by visiting the My Account tab when you are logged into www.TeamBeachbody.com. If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing phone calls, you can inform the agent with whom you speak that you would like to be placed on Beachbody’s “Do Not Call” list. If you would like to opt-out of any Beachbody text message campaign, please follow the instructions provided when you opt-in to the campaign; typically, responding “STOP” to your specific short code will opt you out of the campaign for which you signed up. For help or information regarding your Beachbody On Demand membership, please visit the “My Account” section within your Beachbody On Demand account.
Online Advertising: To learn some of the ways that you can opt-out of targeted online advertising, see the section titled “How Can I Control Cookies?" in the Cookie Notice below for more information.
How Can you Exercise your Other Privacy Rights?
Depending on where you reside, you may have the following privacy rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can make such a request at any time by visiting https://faq.beachbody.com/app/gdpr_form.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can make such a request at any time by visiting https://faq.beachbody.com/app/gdpr_form.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time by visiting our Preference Center which you can access through links at the bottom of e-mails you receive from us or by visiting the My Account tab when you are logged into TeamBeachbody.com. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How Long do we Retain your Information?
We retain personal information we collect from you for as long as we: (i) have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so in connection with the purposes set out at “How Does Beachbody Use the Information It Collects?” above (for example to process your information whilst you are a customer and afterwards in order to deal with complaints and queries); or (ii) where required by law (for example we are required to keep financial records for a certain period under VAT and accounting rules).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you: (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you for the Beachbody Services; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; (iii) where we have your consent to do so; or (iv) as required by law. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, if you were to get injured in connection with one of our Beachbody Services).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate it will be clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Beachbody” heading below.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
The data controller of your personal information is Beachbody UK Ltd.
Please feel free to share any comments or questions with us:
Beachbody UK Ltd.
Attn: Legal Department
3301 Exposition Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
or email us: Privacy@Beachbody.com
BEACHBODY UK LTD. COOKIE NOTICE
Effective Date: May 24, 2018
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by many companies and website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by Beachbody are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than Beachbody are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies. Cookies help us manage and report on your interaction with our websites or mobile applications. Through cookies, we are able to collect information that we use to improve our websites and mobile applications, and improve your overall experience on them. For example, through cookies, we can keep count of return visits to our website or our advertisers' or partners' websites, collect and report on aggregate statistical information, authenticate your login credentials, and manage multiple instances of our websites in a single browser. We may also collect other data through cookies, such as the page or website that referred you to us, the date and time you visited us, and your current IP address.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You may be able to remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser's "help" section.
Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our websites to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our websites. Third parties serve cookies through our websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
Some of the first and third party cookies we commonly serve through our websites and the purposes they perform are described in the table below. Please note this list is not intended to be exhaustive, but is intended to illustrate primary reasons for certain types of cookies set by Beachbody and third parties on our websites and applications. Also, the specific cookies served may vary depending on the specific website you visit. Since we are always making improvements to our websites and applications to better serve you, the list of companies named in the table below may change from time to time. We will take commercially reasonable efforts to update this Cookie Notice as frequently as possible to reflect the most accurate information.
|Types of Cookie||Who Serves These Cookies?||How to Potentially Refuse|
|Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.||Beachbody||Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the websites to you, you cannot refuse them.
You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings as described below under the heading "How can I control cookies?"
|Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites, but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.||Tealium; Bazaarvoice; Chartbeat; Google; Facebook; NewRelic; JQuery||To learn how to potentially refuse these cookies, please see the instructions below under the heading "How can I control cookies?"
Alternatively, you can visit these third parties’ websites to learn more, and if offered, opt out of their cookies: Tealium (http://tealium.com/privacy); Bazaarvoice (http://www.bazaarvoice.com/privacy-policy); Chartbeat (https://chartbeat.com/privacy/); Google (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin); Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/); New Relic (https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/browser/new-relic-browser/page-load-timing-resources/new-relic-cookies-used-browser)
|Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you.
|Tealium; Omniture/Adobe; Lytics; Google/YouTube; Facebook; Twitter; Marin Conversion Tag; Quantcast Tag; Tag 4 Arm||To learn how to potentially refuse these cookies, please see the instructions below under the heading "How can I control cookies?"
Alternatively, you can visit these third parties’ websites to learn more, and if offered, opt out of their cookies: Tealium (http://tealium.com/privacy); Omniture/Adobe (http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html); Lytics (https://www.getlytics.com/privacy); Google/YouTube (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin); Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/); Twitter (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514); Marin Conversion Tag (http://insights.marinsoftware.com/facebook/migrate-new-facebook-conversion-pixel/); Quantcast Tag (https://www.quantcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Publisher_Book.pdf)
|Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
|Google; Connexity; Tealium; AddThis; Adsymptotic; DoubleClick; Adsrvr; Pinterest; Bing.com; Yahoo Dot (Gemini); Steel House||To learn how to potentially refuse these cookies, please see the instructions below under the heading "How can I control cookies?"
Alternatively, you can visit these third parties’ websites to learn more, and if offered, opt out of their cookies: Google (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin); Connexity (https://connexity.com/gb/opt-out); Tealium (http://tealium.com/privacy); AddThis (http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out); DoubleClick (https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en); Adsrvr (http://www.adsrvr.org/opt-out.html); Pinterest (https://help.pinterest.com/en/help-topic/Legal%20and%20privacy); Yahoo Dot (https://gemini.yahoo.com/advertiser/home); Steel House (https://help.steelhouse.com/hc/en-us/articles/204185005-What-Is-The-SteelHouse-Smarter-Pixel-)
|Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
|Google/YouTube; Facebook; Twitter||To learn how to potentially refuse these cookies, please see the instructions below under the heading "How can I control cookies?"
Alternatively, you can visit these third parties’ websites to learn more, and if offered, opt out of their cookies: Google/YouTube (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin); Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/); Twitter (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514)
What About Other Tracking Technologies, Like Web Beacons?
Do You Use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
Our websites may also use so-called "Flash Cookies" (also known as Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of our services, fraud prevention and for other site operations.
If you do not want Flash Cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash Cookies storage using the tools contained in the website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash Cookies by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash Cookies (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash Cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time).
Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash Cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our services or online content.
Do You Serve Targeted Advertising?
We also work with third parties that use tracking technologies on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These third party partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on your hard drive. Advertisers and third party advertising partners may use third party cookies in order to collect information about you, which may include how many times you have seen their ads or whether you have interacted with an ad. They may also use third party cookies to provide you with interest-based or behavioral advertising. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide this information.
How Can I Control Cookies?
You can set or amend your web browser controls to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our websites, however your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be severely restricted.
- Browser Controls: Most major web browsers provide users with the option to accept or reject cookies. Opting out relies on information in the unique cookies placed on your web browser by our partners, so if you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our or others' websites. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its developer. Since cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to utilize certain critical features on our websites, such as adding items to your shopping cart, proceeding to checkout, or using essential features or services that require you to sign in.
- Disabling Most Targeting or Behavior Advertising Cookies: If you would like to disable advertising cookies which remember your browsing habits and display relevant advertising when you use our websites or any Beachbody Services, or to more generally understand your options, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com or the Network Advertising Initiative at networkadvertising.org. If you choose to turn off these cookies, you will still be served with advertisements on the Internet, but it may not be tailored to your interests. Whilst many companies involved in using advertising cookies and serving online behavioural advertising appear at the links above, not all do, so please remember that even if you choose to turn off cookies used by all of the companies listed, you may still receive some advertising cookies and some tailored advertisements from other companies.
- Targeted Advertising; Do Not Track Signals: We may customize content and advertisements for our products and services on our websites or mobile applications in order to make the content and advertising as informative and useful to you as possible. We do this by using information that you provide to us or we obtain through tracking technologies. To prevent this, some web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” signal that is a HTTP header field indicating your preference regarding tracking or cross-site user tracking. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. To find out more about "Do Not Track," you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
How Often Will You Update This Cookie Statement?
Where Can I Get Further Information?